Our fields of expertise and activities
Services - Policies - Training
Shifting scholarly communication towards openness and transparency. Facilitating innovative ways to communicate and monitor research.
Services for Open Science
OpenAIRE is an Open Scholarly Communication service hub providing researchers, research organisations, funding agencies, and all R&I actors with a variety of tools and services.
Talk to us! If you're interested, we can give you a tour and discuss potential partnerships.
Strengthening the European Open Science ecosystem through collaborations and mutual learning is in our core. We support you in developing strategies, policies and actions to promote Open Science in practical ways. Find out the latest policy developments in your country and use our guides to bootstrap your policy .
Our national experts, the OpenAIRE National Open Access Desks, are here to help you.
A collective effort to upskill researchers and intermediaries through:
- Guides that help you share your research effectively and responsibly.
- Training on demand via our experts of NOADs, meeting with learners in your local environment.
- A train-the-trainers programme to enable experts to become leaders and train others in their organisations.
- Coordination of training via the Community of Practice for Training Coordinators network.
- A shared Learning Managment Service openplato.eu that complements our training activies.
OpenAIRE and the European Open Science Cloud
OpenAIRE fulfils the EOSC vision
OpenAIRE’s mission is closely linked to the mission of the European Commission: to provide unlimited, barrier free, open access to research outputs financed by public funding in Europe.
OpenAIRE is a member in the EOSC Association with operations (services-policies-training) providing the glue for many research functions, both in the long tail of science (repositories and local support) and in domain disciplined research communities (Research Infrastructures).