Are you publishing your APC-free Open Access journal on a shoestring?
The alternative funding mechanism being launched here is an instrument to economically support Open Access (OA) journals and platforms which do not charge any Article Processing Charges to their authors. APC-free Open Access journals/platforms that have published articles eligible for funding under the EC FP7 Post-Grant OA Pilot (i.e. articles resulting from finished FP7 projects) may apply for funding from OpenAIRE to strengthen their technical publishing procedures.
The policy that will govern the funding assignation under this alternative funding mechanism is provided here in PDF format. The call for proposals will be run as follows:
- Eligible APC-free OA journals and platforms are invited to submit their funding bid for this call by using the provided application form.
- Bidders are requested to provide information on their journal/platform, the technical improvements they wish to carry out and the budget they need for the purpose.
- Bids should be sent to OpenAIRE as shown in the form no later than the 30th of June 2016.
- A total budget of EUR 200,000 is available to fund up to 12 selected bids under this initiative.
- The winning bids will be announced on the 1 of August 2016, and will have until the 30 of April 2017 to implement the proposed technical improvements.
- Last updated on .