BEYOND APCS: ALTERNATIVE OPEN ACCESS PUBLISHING BUSINESS MODELS
Beyond APCs: alternative open access publishing business models
April 5th Public Workshop: 9.30 – 17.30
- 8.45: Registration and coffee
- 9.30 -10.00: Introduction and overview of activities within OpenAIRE WP5 (Gwen Franck @g_fra)
- 10.00 – 12.00: Talks on OA publishing business models (non-fee based)(with coffee break at 10.45)
- Jeroen Sondervan (@jeroenson): “Shut up and give me all your money! Or not?” – Challenges and opportunities with non-APC business models and self-publishing"
- Janneke Adema (@openreflections): "Scholar-led Publishing: Scaling Small"
- Jadranka Stojanovski (@jadr4nka): "Possible business models for the OA journals from the small scientific communities"
- Max Mosterd (@KUnlatched) : “Transitioning journals into an APC-free model - learnings from the KU journal pilot”
- 12.00-14.30 (with lunch at 13.00)
- Interactive session : how to make sure your business model is open, scalable and sustainable?
- 14.30-15.15: Talks about Communication and Stakeholder Engagement
- Stephanie Dawson (@SDawsonBerlin | @Science_Open): "Metadata as Motor for Discovery"
- Alexandra Jobmann (@oa2020de): "Communication strategy of OA2020-DE - Open in order to transition"
- 15.30-17.30 (coffee break at 15.15)
- Interactive session about Communication and Stakeholder Engagement
April 6th Internal Workshop: 9.00 – 14.00
- 9.00 – 10.30: Presentation of the bids supported by the 2nd call for alternative funding mechanisms
- 10.30-11.30: Group discussion and lessons learnt from Bid 1 and Bid 2 (including coffee break)
- 11.30-13.00: Round tables: troubleshooting and in-depth sharing of knowledge and experiences
- 13.00-14.00: lunch and closing
- Last updated on .