1 minute reading time
Insight into Open Access week 2016 - Latvia
The Library of the University of Latvia and National Open Access Desk - Latvia participated in Open Access Week 2016 by organising several activities:
- The workshop „Research Data Management and Open Science: Challenges and Opportunities for Latvia” as pre-event, on October 13. The workshop was given by Iryna Kuchma, EIFL-OA Programme Manager. Click HERE to view the recording of this workshop.
- One of the main events was the conference „Research of the University of Latvia and e-resources”. The goal of this event was to increase the discussion about current trends in scientific research and Open Access. Main goal of the event was to increase the knowledge base and to gather useful recommendations to be taken into account by the University when working on these topcis. During the conference a poster was presented about the open e-course „Open Science” in the e-studies environment of University of Latvia.
- On Thursday evening another discussion event was held: the Scientific Cafe „Backstage of scientific publishing”. This time the topic was scientific publishing in different facets: the historical background and trends, Open Access, scientific impact, management of publishing strategy in higher educational institutions and thepractical experiences of publishers and authors and early career scientists.
- The presentation “Step by step: Library for you” gave insight into the Library of the University of Latvia services, including Open Access support.
- Last but not least there was a lecture “Digital editions. A new paradigm for scholarly editions” by Dr. Elmar Mittler. Participants got information about new publishing possibilities in Social Sciences and Humanities. Click HERE to view the recording of this lecture.
- During the whole week, the Latvian OpenAIRE NOAD disseminated information about the international repository Zenodo, e-learning platform FOSTER (Facilitate Open Science Training for European Research) and OpenAIRE webinars on open access and open science.
[caption id="attachment_1540" align="aligncenter" width="600"] OpenAIRE NOAD Latvia