An OpenAIRE Day and Workshop will take place in Dublin on the 27th
of November 2015.
This day is being sponsored by the RIAN Board and organised by the RIAN Technical & Communications Group.
Who should attend?
- Repository Managers, Librarians, Data Managers & Funders
Why you should attend?
- Understand funder perspectives.
- Learn how to comply with funder mandates for H2020 and OpenAIRE.
- Provide the context for open access publications in the research environment.
- Share best practice about metadata standards.
- Learn how to make your repository OpenAIRE compliant and your research publications
- discoverable by OpenAIRE.
- Get practical tips for engaging your research community.
10:30-11:00 Arrival and coffee
11:00-11:20 Welcome. Collette McKenna, Librarian, UCC Library, IUA Librarians Group and Chair, RIAN Board
11:20-11:45 Metadata reporting from the funder's perspective. Peter Clifford, Science Foundation Ireland
11:45-12:30 Jochen Schirrwagen
, BASE Bielefeld and OpenAIRE
12:30-13:15 Lunch (provided)
13:15-13:45 Metadata from DRIVER to RIAN to OpenAIRE. Joseph Greene, University College Dublin and RIAN
13:45-15:00 3x 25 min. breakout sessions
Breakout topics (TBC):
- Researcher engagement
- OpenAIRE Technical details
- Levels of OpenAIRE compliance
Friday, November 27, 2015 from 10:30 AM to 3:00 PM Where:
John and Aileen O'Reilly Library - Dublin City University. Glasnevin. Dublin 9.
This event is now open for registration: register here