OpenAIRE's Content Acquisition Policy
OpenAIRE is expanding its open access infrastructure to include bibliographic metadata to all kinds of open access publications. The DRIVER open access repositories have been integrated into OpenAIRE. Eight million publications are now available for access via he OpenAIRE portal. A portion of the publications are associated to national funding information.
OpenAIRE accepts into its infrastructure:
- All global open access research outputs harvested from a range of institutional or subject repositories, national portals or aggregators and e-journals.
- OpenAIRE will actively pursue harvesting content from non-European repositories.
- Where possible, the content should be related to funding information to help measure the impact of funding information.
- Non-open access material will only be accepted where it is related to EC (or other OpenAIRE affiliated funder) funding information.
- Data sources and repositories should be proven as quality-controlled.
- Click here to see the repositories that OpenAIRE currently harvests from.
Datasets and Metadata:
To complement OpenAIRE's publication policy, OpenAIRE is collecting the metadata of research datasets that are related to an open access publication in OpenAIRE or linked to a project.
OpenAIRE will harvest metadata about research datasets form DataCite or repositories compatible to the guidelines for Data Archive Managers using the OAI-Set "openaire_data", but will only expose datasets in the OpenAIRE portal that is fulfilling at least one of the following criteria:
- The dataset is outcome of a funded research project identified by a project identifier.
- The dataset is linked with a publication in the OpenAIRE information space.