Library of Science. The Development of Infrastructure and Resources for Open Science
15 Jun 2021 @ 09:30am @ 04:00pm
The Library of Science. The Development of Infrastructure and Resources for Open Science
Public launch of the new platform of the Library of Science, an Open Access collection of articles published in Polish scientific journals and of scientific books.
- 10:00-10:15 opening, Marek Michalewicz (ICM UW)
- 10:15-10:45 Presentation of the new platform of the Library of Science Krzysztof Siewicz (ICM UW) [presentation in English]
- 10:45-11:30 Recent developments in the European Commission policy on Open Science, Alea López de San Román González [presentation in English]
- 11:30-11:45 break
- 11:45-13:15 Discussion panel [in Polish]
- 13:15-14:00 break
- 14:00-16:00 Discussion panel: Open Access to scientific literature around the world - exchange of experiences [discussion in English]
Panel gathering the following representatives of regional Open Access platforms: Arianna Becerril García (Redalyc), Miroslav Milinović (HRČAK), Susan Murray (AJOL), Ritsuko Nakajima (J-STAGE), Abel L Packer (SciELO). Moderator: Krzysztof Siewicz (ICM UW)
The panel presentations and discussion will revolve around the following issues:
- the institutional model for administering Open Access platforms, rules and financing models;
- Open Access platform as a part of Open Access policies;
- legal model of cooperation with publishers;
- data input and curation model;
- education and promotion as a part of the platform's activities;
- application platform statistics, including in reporting and policymaking.
The event will take place online on 15 June 2021, from 9:30 am to 4 pm (Warsaw, UTC +2). For more information see the conference website.
The event is organized by Interdisciplinary Centre for Mathematical and Computational Modelling of the University of Warsaw and Open Science Platform.