Outreach and Engagement Officer
We are looking for a Community Outreach and Engagement Officer to be a key member of the OpenAIRE Management Office, to design, lead and implement community outreach and engagement activities. Your role will be to assess the users' needs, identify user requirements, and develop cohesive activities that improve the services of OpenAIRE and their uptake.
About the job
OpenAIRE’s mission is to operate an open scholarly communication infrastructure. This mission is pursued through the delivery and operation of services that address the full life cycle of research (discover-publish-monitor) and target all types of actors: researchers, repository managers, research administrators, policy makers, citizens, industry. Moving to a user-centered approach we want to engage with our users in a hands-on manner and create a continuous feedback channel to our product and service managers.
- Develop an effective short/mid-term engagement strategy to gather requirements and specifications from users, related to OpenAIRE and EOSC services.
- Design and develop traditional (i.e., focus groups, surveys) and innovative methodologies for user engagement, i.e. online tools for continuous feedback, serious gaming approaches.
- Design and implement outreach and engagement programmes. Roll out by guiding and developing teams from OpenAIRE members in reaching out to local and national stakeholders.
- Develop online mechanisms for feedback. Monitor the success of the engagement programmes via tangible KPIs.
- Work directly with OpenAIRE/EOSC stakeholder groups via community calls, focus groups, etc.
- Work with the Service Portfolio Manager to acquire an overview of all OpenAIRE services and co-develop feedback-loop mechanisms.
- Coordinate the participation of OpenAIRE in EC research projects (H2020 and Horizon Europe), and in particular coordinate the user engagement in EOSC Future.
- Participate in Horizon Europe proposal writing for outreach and engagement aspects.
Qualifications and experience
- At least 3 years experience in engagement activities.
- Experience of service end user relationships.
- Experience of communicating complex issues into engaging content for different audiences.
- Experience with online/innovative engagement tools and methodologies.
- A good understanding of the research ecosystem. Knowledge of open science, open scholarship, infrastructures.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to multi-task under tight deadlines.
- Skills for working in a distributed and multicultural team environment, and a willingness to travel.
- Fluent in English, with high proficiency in English written skills.
Terms of employment
- The position is offered for a period of one-year as an associate (in consultancy terms). It is renewable upon satisfactory performance with a possibility for an open-ended position.
- This is a full-time position.
- Even though OpenAIRE offices are located in Athens, the position is a work-from-home role. Location anywhere in Europe.
- Depending on experience and country of residence, gross salary for a full-time position will be in the range of € 3,500 to € 6,500 per month.
An equal opportunity employer
Here at OpenAIRE we believe in equality & diversity. OpenAIRE ensures equal opportunities, treatment and access to all candidates regardless of their sex, race, colour, ethnic or social origin, genetic features, language, religion or belief, political or any other opinion, membership of a national minority, property, birth, disability, age or sexual orientation.
How to apply
Dates and deadlines
- Closing date for applications: 30 April 2021
- Online interviews: 4 - 10 May 2021
- Expected starting date: asap no later than 15 June 2021