EOSC at World Economic Forum
EC president Ursula von der Leyen stressed the importance of the European Open Science Cloud initiative at the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland.
Made in Europe, for Europe and the world. From Science, To Science, to open up to all stakeholders in Europe (public sector, businesses, citizens) and around the world.
Some key points about the EOSC from her speech (find the full version here):
- a web of research insights
- open data as a resource of innovation
- a trusted pool of non-personalized data - the individual, is not yet another customer
- co-creation in the centre
- a collaboration of researchers, governments, businesses, citizens
OpenAIRE is really proud to be a pillar of this great vision. We are really happy to see our efforts of the past 10 years gradually finding their way in high-level policy. More exciting work for all of us ahead!