The OPEN DATA HACKATHON will be organised as a part of 18th International Conference on Information Systems for Agriculture and Forestry from 15th till 17th September at the Latvia University of Agriculture, 2 Liela Street, LV-3001 Jelgava, Latvia.
The purpose of the OPEN DATA HACKATHON:
- To identify available open and linked open data sources in agriculture, forestry, environment and transport.
- To exchange experience between teams and projects developing platforms for open and linked open data.
- To establish links between open and linked open data producers, SMEs and free-lance developers.
- To support development of new apps based on open data in agriculture, forestry, environment and transport and their commercial exploitation.
Who should attend:
- Organisations which are data holders, developing open platforms and interested in making their solutions publicly available. This includes interoperability testing of your platforms and attracting potential external developers or investors.
- SMEs and freelance developers interested in developing new apps based on open and linked open data.
- Potential investors looking for new interesting products.The OPEN DATA HACKATHON is free of charge.
Rules for participation:
- All participants will participate on their own costs.
- Students and freelance developers will have a free access to the OPEN DATA HACKATHON and the ISAF conference (excluding the Ice Breaker party and the social dinner). Other participants should pay the conference fee.
- All participants must be registered in advance (see the instructions below).
15th September 2014
9 00 Invitation and short introduction to the OPEN DATA HACKATHON
9 15 Introduction of sponsors, technical supporters and available data sources
10 00 Start of the OPEN DATA HACKATHON
17 30 End of the first day
16th September 2014
9 00 Short overview from the first day
9 30 Start of the second day