Target Audience: RDA plenary attendants; EC policy representatives
You are cordially invited to join this event, which is aimed at launching a research report on “Open data, a Researcher’s Perspective”. CWTS and Elsevier joined forces in a complementary method study that started January 2016. The aim of the project is to examine whether and to what extent sharing and reuse of data is practiced in academic life, and what barriers affect further development from a researcher’s point of view in a wide range of scientific and scholarly disciplines. In the project we combined (1) A global survey; (2) Case studies; (3) Experimental bilbiometrics approaches based on data publication and citation.
In the report, we present and discuss results on:
- Data-sharing practices that depend on the field: there is no general approach
- Researchers that acknowledge the benefits of open data, but their data sharing practices are still limited
- Barriers in data sharing
- Publication of data – scattered practices
- The need to make open data a responsible and rewarding practice in research?
- Bridging the gap between policy and practice: chalnnegs and opportunities
More Information: Here