In today’s publishing landscape there are several paths to Open Access (OA) publishing. A common and much discussed way of financing OA publishing is through Article Processing Charges (APC). However, over the recent years, several alternatives have been developed that do not rely on APCs: consortia models, community-driven approaches, funder financed platforms etc. This is a path often overlooked. By showcasing the range of different models and by producing a best practice guide, including a roadmap to sustainability, the OpenAIRE Sustainable Non-APC Publishing Models Workshop aims to assist publishing initiatives and libraries alike.
● For whom:
- Publishers of non-APC journals and books
- Developers and contributors to non-APC publishers platforms and initiatives
- People involved in other non-APC based projects
- Editors (editors and publishers) to Publishers of non-APC journals and books
- Interested parties with knowledge and expertise in the non-APC publishing landscape
● We do expect active participation from our participants. This can includes:
- Providing us with a SWOT analysis of the project you're involved in
- Providing a case study
- Participating in writing a collaborative Roadmap
- Offering a topic for discussion and contributing to discussion groups
Because this will be a highly participatory workshop with a limited number of participants, please express your interest and indicate how you can contribute to this important topic. After receiving your expression of interest and additional information (e.g. SWOT, etc), we will get in touch as soon as possible.