Open dag over Open Science: Love to share data
14 Feb 2019 @ 01:00pm @ 05:00pm
NWO, The Hague , The Netherlands
Together with the Young Academy of the KNAW, Promovendi Netwerk Nederland, the Horizon 2020 project OpenAIRE and RDA National node in the Netherlands DANS organizes anthe website of DANS.https://dans.knaw.nl/nl/actueel/agenda/love-to-share-data afternoon about research data management, data archiving and data re-use. The day is specially organized for (young) scientists and data librarians.
The same day, before the open day on open science, it is possible to visit the DataverseNL seminar as well.
Please join us from 12:00 till around 17:00:
12:00 - 13:00: Lunch with informationmarket (see below)
13:00 - 13:10: Welcome by Peter Doorn, director DANS.
13:10 - 13:25: The Young Academy of the KNAW: Sharing your data: Utopia or Dystopia? A discussion about the dilemmas around open data and the small steps we can take - Prof. Dr. Rens van de Schoot, Utrecht University
13:25 - 13:40: Promovendi Netwerk Nederland: Open science for the young researcher - Rob van Gassel, MD, Maastricht University
13:40 - 13:50: OpenAIRE: Developing the European Open Science Cloud - Drs. Elly Dijk, DANS
13:50 - 14:00: Pitches: Fellow researchers from various disciplines will tell you more - in 10-minute-pitches - about the usefulness and necessity of depositing and sharing data:
- Pitch 1: Sharing Archaeological Field Data: two routes into the unknown - Dr. Martijn van Leusen, Rijksuniversiteit Groningen
14:00 - 14:30: Break with information market (see below)
14:30 - 15:45: Pitches: Fellow researchers from various disciplines will tell you more - in 10-minute-pitches - about the usefulness and necessity of depositing and sharing data:
- Pitch 2: SOCON survey: 40 years of data collection and archiving at DANS - Dr. Michael Savelkoul, Radboud University
- Pitch 3: Science is a community effort - Dr. Like Fokkens, University of Amsterdam
- Pitch 4: Djangofy your data calculation: how to make your digital research available for non-programming colleagues - Drs. Ernst Boogert, Protestant Theological University
- Pitch 5: From Open Data to Societal Impact - Dr. Egon Willighagen, Maastricht University
- Pitch 6: Sharing (data) is caring (about science): how post-publication peer review can help you improve asa scientist... and prevent fraud - Dr. Valentina Francia, University of Groningen
- Pitch 7: Portable Antiquities of the Netherlands (PAN): archeology from field to archive - Dr. Stijn Heeren, Vrije Universiteit Amsterdam
- Pitch 8: Delta Evolution, Data Evolution: sharing history of Rhine-Meuse delta mapping datasets - Dr. Kim Cohen, Utrecht University
15:45 - 17:00: Pub quiz about open science with drinks and bites and information market (see below)
See for more information: https://dans.knaw.nl/nl/actueel/agenda/love-to-share-data