Monitoring OA publishing costs and revenues of publishing initiatives workshop
From Wednesday 11 December 2019 @ 02:00pm
To Wednesday 11 December 2019 @ 05:00pm
The monitoring of cost information on Open Access publishing is a crucial task in the course of the Open Access transition.
The latter can only succeed if sustainable business models can be found acknowledging the diversity of Open Access publishing channels and initiatives.
The workshop will present and discuss the following:
- results of the integration of APC information from OpenAPC into the OpenAIRE Information Space.
- the coverage of cost monitoring to date, especially in European countries, and measures for its expansion
- the status of the inclusion of cost information on Open Access transformative agreements
- prerequisites and measures for recording cost information on OpenAccess monographs (BPCs)
- exemplary revenue models of publishing initiatives, based on the workshop and report on "Sustainability of cooperative publishing models".