COVID-19: tools, activities, best practices and contact points in Greece
10 Apr 2020 @ 12:00pm @ 02:00pm
This webinar is driven by the need to collect and promote to the greek academic and scientific community great national efforts undertaken and knowledge acquired so far by scientific stakeholders working around the management of the crisis pertaining to the COVID outbreak. Those efforts include:
- research infrastructures and their work on developing specialised services,
- access to and use of electronic resources, tools and data repositories,
- specific initiatives in the fields of Health and Bioinformatics.
Moreover, the importance of Open Science for data sharing, open access to scientific publications, development and management of open research software as well as cooperation between all stakeholders involved in the research lifecycle is emphasized.
The webinar aims to get to know each other and develop a common perception in order to more effectively respond to research groups’ and individual researchers’ daily enquiries at the national level. That way, scholarly communication is enhanced along with our organisations research support practices.
Invited speakers are the following colleagues (in alphabetical order):
- Alexandros Dimopoulos, Biomedical Science Research Center "Alexander Fleming" (B.S.R.C. "Alexander Fleming")
- Kostas Eleftheriadis, Institute of Nuclear and Radiological Science & Technology, Energy & Safety, National Center For Scientific Research - Demokritos
- Natalia Manola, OpenAIRE Managing Director, Athena Research Center
- Leonidas Pispiringas, Hellenic Academic Libraries Link (HEAL-Link), Library of the Aristotle University of Thessaloniki
- Fotis Psomopoulos, Institute of Applied Biosciences (INAB), Center for Research & Technology Hellas (CERTH)
- Giota Touloumi, Division of Hygiene - Epidiomology, National and Kapodistrian University of Athens
- Giannis Tsakonas, Library and Information Center of the University of Patras
- Thanasis Vergoulis, Athena Research Center
The material collected from presentations of this webinar, including discussions that will follow and the outcome of a first landscape review for related sources in Greece collected by ARC, will form a national guide to be openly shared via various emailing lists in research communities and research groups across the country.
If you would like to attend the OpenAIRE & RDA webinar on “COVID-19: tools, activities, best practices and contact points in Greece” , please subscribe here
. (Important info: the webinar will be in the greek language)
For any questions you may have or for more information, please do not hesitate to contact us at .