Athena Research Centre (ARC), in the context of the OpenAIRE National Open Access Desk and the Greek RDA Node and ELIXIR-GR, is organising a dedicated webinar on “COVID-19: tools, activities, best practices and contact points in Greece” .
This webinar is driven by the need to collect and promote to the greek academic and scientific community great national efforts undertaken and knowledge acquired so far by scientific stakeholders working around the management of the crisis pertaining to the COVID outbreak. Those efforts include:
- research infrastructures and their work on developing specialised services,
- access to and use of electronic resources, tools and data repositories,
- specific initiatives in the fields of Health and Bioinformatics.
Moreover, the importance of Open Science for data sharing, open access to scientific publications, development and management of open research software as well as cooperation between all stakeholders involved in the research lifecycle is emphasized.
The webinar aims to get to know each other and develop a common perception in order to more effectively respond to research groups’ and individual researchers’ daily enquiries at the national level. That way, scholarly communication is enhanced along with our organisations research support practices.
The material collected from presentations of this webinar, including discussions that will follow and the outcome of a first landscape review for related sources in Greece collected by ARC, will form a national guide to be openly shared via various emailing lists in research communities and research groups across the country.
The draft agenda of the webinar is presented below:
- Welcome and introduction (10’)
- Intro presentation, Elli Papadopoulou, OpenAIRE National Open Access Desk/RDA Greece, Fotis Karayannis RDA Secretariat/RDA Greece
- Scope of the webinar and explanation of the intended draft national action guide and how this effort fits and gives input to European and global activities such as the OpenAIRE COVID Gateway and RDA COVID WG.
- Tour de table (10’)
- Speakers (live) and audience (in the chat)
- Presentations (7 x ~10’)
- Natalia Manola: The European ecosystem of infrastructures around EOSC: access to EMBL, ELIXIR, INSTRUCT etc + OpenAIRE
- Fotis Psomopoulos: ELIXIR-EU, biohackathon, RDA COVID WG
- Leonidas Pispiringas: Electronic resources and collections in academic libraries, good practices, accessibility via VPN, etc
- Thanasis Vergoulis: Bip COVID, Hellenic Data Service "HELIX"
- Alexandros Dimopoulos: ELIXIR-GR: what are the tools - general picture also about what partners have been doing, e.g. ARIS for HPC, Gnosis + EG-CI etc.
- Giota Touloumi: General presentation about the Greek research community around health sciences and how Greece participates in COVID clinical trials etc.
- Kostas Eleftheriadis: Nano research around quality of alternative medical equipment like masks etc.
- Discussion (~30’)
- Epilogue - Next steps about the action guide (5’)
Aiming at fostering scholarly communication and enabling new collaborations, ARC is organising a series of webinars dedicated to COVID research.
| FAIR data
| OA to research data
| open science