May 2012 is the OpenAIRE Compliance Month for journals
May 2012 is the OpenAIRE Compliance Month for journals, in which we will give special attention to the steps required for journals to become compliant with the OpenAIRE infrastructure, and to support and facilitate compliance with the Open Access policies of the EC and the ERC. Several events are organized during this month, including tutorials for OJS journals. Questions with which we will help you in May 2012:
- How do I identify FP7 and/or SC39 content in my journal?
- How do I support my authors in complying with the Open Access policies of the EC?
- How does the OpenAIRE plug-in in OJS work?
- How do I install the OpenAIRE plugin in OJS?
- How do I test my journal's compliance with OpenAIRE?
- How do I add my journal to OpenAIRE?
OpenAIRE (Open Access Infrastructure for Research in Europe; www.openaire.eu) supports researchers within the Seventh Framework Programme (FP7) of the European Commission to disseminate and provide the widest possible access to their research output. Open Access in FP7 is based on the self-archiving of peer-reviewed articles. In this context, a main strategy of OpenAIRE is to reach out to institutional and subject repositories asking authors "to deposit articles resulting from FP7 projects into an institutional or subject based repository" (Special Clause 39 of the model grant agreement).
In parallel, OpenAIRE acknowledges the importance of Open Access journals as being a road to fulfill the EC policies on Open Access. Therefore we encourage journals to become compliant with the OpenAIRE technical infrastructure, which enables OpenAIRE to harvest and present publications resulting from FP7 projects or European Research Council (ERC) grants. For journals using Open Journal Systems (OJS) a plugin has already been released.
The events organized in May 2012 include:
- two online workshops on how to make journals OpenAIRE compliant, with OJS as example, on May 7 and May 8
- individual consultation with the OpenAIRE team members for publishers (please contact us for more information)
We kindly invite you to join these events in the OpenAIRE Compliance month for journals in May 2012!
Iryna Kuchma (EIFL)
Pedro Príncipe (University of Minho)
Birgit Schmidt (Goettingen State and University Library)
Marnix van Berchum (SURF)
- Last updated on .