Digital Infrastructures for Research (DI4R 2017) conference invites everyone with an interest in Open Science to bring their voice to DI4R 2017.
DI4R 2017 will be held in Brussels, on 30 November - 1 December 2017 under the theme “Connecting the building blocks for Open Science”. It will take place at the Square Meeting Centre, and is organised jointly by EGI, EUDAT, GÉANT, OpenAIRE, PRACE and RDA Europe.
DI4R 2017 welcomes researchers, innovators, data producers, scientific domain experts, librarians, data science practitioners, service providers, project leaders, policy makers and funders to send proposals (abstracts) for presentations, lightning talks, interactive sessions, posters and demonstrations. All abstracts should be submitted via the DI4R Indico webpage.
The following areas are envisaged as relevant for the choice of the topic of the abstracts:
- Area 1: Interoperability: Topics related to the interoperability between services from different infrastructures and initiatives at different levels (local, national, international), including architectures, protocols and standards, data & metadata. The topic also includes items related to provisioning of federated services for research in Europe and beyond, enabling interoperability at all levels: human, organisational and policies.
- Area 2: Data science and skills: Topics related to the EC’s Open Science Skills Working Group Report, including the research life cycle, setting up research data, data production, management, analysis, open access publishing and other ways to act in and beyond one’s own scholarly and disciplinary community, up to interaction with the general public to enhance the impact of science and research.
- Area 3: Impact evaluation and metrics: Topics related to measurement of the progress of the Open Science adoption and its growing and impact assessment.
- Area 4: Security, trust and identity: Topics related security, trust and identity, technical solutions for common requirements and processes and services that can help new research infrastructures to build interoperable authentication and authorisation infrastructures.
- Area 5: The EOSC & EDI building blocks: Topics on the development and provisioning of services and solutions needed to enable researchers to securely collaborate and share resources in a federated environment combining geographically distributed services from multiple providers and further the opportunities of Open Science.
- Area 6: Business models, sustainability and policies: Topics on the long-term access and provisioning of services require clear governance, engagement rules, policies and funding models. Submissions should focus on the barriers, opportunities and changes in this environment in order to address the non-technical pressures, for example social, financial, legal and policy that influence the present and future opportunities.
Abstract submission deadline: 13 October 2017
Full text of the Call for Abstracts (.PDF)
Online submission form for Abstracts (DI4R Indico webpage)
DI4R 2017 is collocated with the EOSCpilot 1st Stakeholder Engagement Event taking place on the 28 & 29 November 2017.
DI4R 2017 registration is open. Register here!