OA in Luxembourg
The National Research Environment
The research environment in Luxembourg is comprised mainly of the following institutions:
- University of Luxembourg – www.uni.lu;
- Luxembourg Institute of Science and Technology - www.list.lu;
- Luxembourg Institute of Health - www.lih.lu;
- Luxembourg Institute of Socio-Economic Research - www.liser.lu;
- The Max Planck Institute Luxembourg for International, European and Regulatory Procedural Law - www.mpi.lu.
Full information about research in Luxembourg can be found on the Euraxess website: www.euraxess.lu/eng/R-D-in-Luxembourg.
Major Research Funders
- Fonds National de la Recherche (FNR) - www.fnr.lu.
At the moment, there are no funder mandates in Luxembourg.
Open Access Projects and Initiatives
On the 10th of May 2012, the University of Luxembourg launched their Open Access initiative by signing a collaboration agreement with the University of Liège. This launch announced the establishment of both a digital repository, ORBilu, as well as a campaign designed to inform researchers about Open Access and their rights as authors.
Open Access Repositories
The University of Luxembourg’s repository, ORBilu, was launched on 22 April 2013. Following the example set by the University of Liège, the University of Luxembourg adopted an institutional ID/OA mandate (immediate deposit – optional access). As of December 2016, the repository contains over 25 000 references with over half of them containing a full-text document.
Open Access Publishing
The Directory of Open Access Journals lists 2 title for Luxembourg as of January 2017 : DOAJ.