We are looking for an Office Manager to be a key member of the OpenAIRE Management Office and be responsible for the efficient functioning of the OpenAIRE AMKE office through a range of administrative, financial, community building and managerial tasks. Your role will be to ensure the smooth running of an office on a day-to-day basis.
About the job
OpenAIRE’s mission is to operate an open scholarly communication infrastructure. This mission is pursued through the delivery and operation of services that address the full life cycle of research (discover-publish-monitor) and target all types of actors: researchers, repository managers, research administrators, policy makers, citizens, industry. Moving to a user-centered approach we want to engage with our users in a hands-on manner and create a continuous feedback channel to our product and service managers.
- Organise monthly Executive Board meetings and bi-annual General Assemblies
- Support the oganization of 6 Standing Committees (seehttps://www.openaire.eu/openaire-amke) (arranging calls, keeping minutes and actions) and compiling a short report to share with management
- Prepare letters addressing different groups (e.g. TaskForces/ Working Groups etc) and liaisons of OpenAIRE AMKE
- Organisie meetings and managing databases
- Book transport and accommodation
- Assist office members in presentations and reports
- Support the CEO in managing office budgets
- Implement and maintain procedures/office administrative systems
- Organize and attend meetings with senior management.
- Maintain the OpenAIRE AMKE calendar of events.
- Assist in the organization of workshops and events.
- Assist in the organisation's HR function by keeping personnel records up to date, arranging interviews and so on.
- Write and assist in writing memos, reports and other relevant documents.
Qualifications and experience
- At least 3 years experience in similar position/role
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Personal skills to liaise with 40+ members of OpenAIRE AMKE from all European countries.
- Knowledge of MS Office suite
- Knowledge and use of collaborative tools such as Teams, sharepoint, gsuite is a plus
- Fluent in English, with high proficiency in English written skills.
Terms of employment
- The position is offered for a period of one-year as an associate (in consultancy terms). It is renewable upon satisfactory performance with a possibility for an open-ended position.
- This is a full-time position.
- OpenAIRE offices are located in Athens and this position requires a physical presence.
- Depending on experience and country of residence, gross salary for a full-time position will be in the range of € 2,500 to € 3,000 per month.
An equal opportunity employer
Here at OpenAIRE we believe in equality & diversity. OpenAIRE ensures equal opportunities, treatment and access to all candidates regardless of their sex, race, colour, ethnic or social origin, genetic features, language, religion or belief, political or any other opinion, membership of a national minority, property, birth, disability, age or sexual orientation.
How to apply
Dates and deadlines
- Closing date for applications: 30 April 2021
- Online interviews: 4 - 10 May 2021
- Expected starting date: asap no later than 15 June 20