OpenAIRE announces kick-off of OpenAIRE-Nexus (H2020)
Athens, 27 January, 2021
OpenAIRE AMKE is pleased to announce the start of a new H2020 project, OpenAIRE-Nexus, which marks the next era of the OpenAIRE services operation. The project brings together eleven partners for a duration of 30 months and a total budget of 4mi € with the following goals:
- Empower researchers and research communities to systematically publish in EOSC using open science practices by default.
- Encourage an open rewards and incentives mechanism to incentivize open science practices for all by enabling funders and institutions to monitor their policies and investments.
- Enable cross-disciplinary, research-driven discovery of research outcomes.
- Invest on the sustainable growth of an open scholarly communication infrastructure by bringing it in the heart of the European Open Science Cloud (EOSC).
OpenAIRE-Nexus will provide fourteen (14) services structured in three portfolios:
- PUBLISH: Zenodo - Catch-all repository; EpiSciences - OA overlay journal platform; Amnesia - data anonymization tool; Argos - Data Management Plan service.
- MONITOR: Monitor Dashboard - Open science and research impact monitoring; Open Science Observatory - Open science monitoring service for Europe; Open Citations - Article-article links; ScholExplorer - Article-dataset links; UsageCounts - Usage statistic service for institutional repositories; OpenAPC - Publishing costs reporting services.
- DISCOVER: PROVIDE Dashboard - Onboarding service for data sources; EXPLORE Dashboard - Resources catalogue portal (gateway and apis); CONNECT Dashboard - Discovery portals (gateways) for communities as-a-service.
Placing users in the center, OpenAIRE-Nexus embarks on a new engagement approach to demonstrate the services and how they work in practice to help researchers, repository managers, research administrators and policy makers to accelerate open science. For this reason we will create dedicated spaces to support and train our users through a multiexperience approach: The Open Science Practice Corner.
“With the support of the European Commission and with an eye on the upcoming Horizon Europe framework programme, we are ready to tackle the challenges of open science in a data intensive research ecosystem. By promoting the OpenAIRE Research Graph (LINK) as a main global asset for discovery and monitoring, we look forward to putting a new perspective on tools for establishing a truly open scholarly communication across Europe and the world.”
OpenAIRE Nexus is coordinated by OpenAIRE AMKE (Greece), bringing partners with different types of expertise from all Europe. These are: ATHENA Research Center (Greece), CERN (Switzerland), CITE (Greece), Consiglio Nazionale Delle Ricerche - CNR (Italy), Centre National De La Recherche Scientifique CNRS (France), Georg-August-Universitat Gottingenstiftung Offentlichen Rechts (Germany), Universidade do Minho (Portugal), Universitaet Bielefeld (Germany), Alma Mater Studiorum - Universita di Bologna (Italy), Uniwersytet Warszawski (Poland)
“OpenAIRE-Nexus has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 101017452”.