On the road towards a sustainable open access publishing market
Closing workshop of the OpenAIRE FP7 Post Grant Open Access Pilot
April 20th 2017, The Hague, National Library of the Netherlands (Koninklijke Bibliotheek (KB) (next to Den Haag Centraal train station)
During this workshop, we will not only present the preliminary results from the two-year FP7 Post-Grant Open Access Pilot, but we will also use this opportunity to gather input from the participants on a Roadmap towards a qualitative and sustainable open access publishing market - one of the intended outcomes of the pilot
Intended audience: librarians, commercial and non commercial open access publishers, OpenAIRE NOADs, researchers and other stakeholders interested in sustainable Open Access publishing
The workshop is free of charge, but as places are limited, registration is required.
Please register here: https://goo.gl/forms/f8lz5BtKJiICGPKr2
Aims of the workshop:
- Comprehensive overview of all statistical data resulting from the project
- Overview of best practices in relation to publisher, funder and institutional involvement in APC based funding mechanisms.
- Overview of the alternative funding mechanism pilot and its results.
- Presentation of the report: "Towards a competitive and sustainable open access publishing market in Europe"
- Gather input from participants for the roadmap that will accompany the report
9.30 - 10 : Welcome and overview of the day
10 - 10.30: APC funding mechanism: pilot results
10.30-11.15: Best practices from the Alternative Funding Mechanism workline
11.15 - 11.40: Break
11.40 - 12.30: Publisher pre-payment agreements and institutional block grants: best practices
12.30 - 13.30: Lunch
13.30 - 14.15: Presentation of the report
14.15-14.30: Break out sessions about the roadmap : introduction
14.30- 16.00: Break out sessions
16.00 - 17.00: Break out session conclusions + wrap-up