Classified by OpenAIRE intoarxiv: Physics::Atmospheric and Oceanic Physics
The results below are discovered through our pilot algorithms. Let us know how we are doing!
- Austin, J. F. 1980. The blocking of middle latitude westerly winds by planetary waves. Q. J . R. Mefeorol. Soc. 106, 327-350.
- Edmon, H. J. Jr., Hoskins, 8.J. and McIntyre, M. E. 1980. Eliassen-Palm cross sections for the troposphere. J . Atmos. Sci. 37, 2-2616.
- Hansen, A. R. 1986. Observational characteristics of atmospheric planetary waves with bimodal amplitude distributions. In : Anomalous atmospheric flows and blocking. Advances in Geophysics. Academic Press, eds. B. Saltzman, R. Benzi and A. WiinNielsen, vol. 29, 101-133.
- Held, I . M. 1983. Stationary and quasi-stationaryeddies in the extratropical troposphere: theory. In: Largescale dynamical processes in the atmosphere. Academic Press, eds. B. Hoskins and R. Pearce, 127-168.
- Holton, J . R. and Dunkerton, T. 1978. On the role of wave transience and dissipation in stratospheric mean flow vacillations. J . Atmos. Sci. 35, 74&744.
- Holton, J . R. and Mass, C. 1976. Stratospheric vacillation cycles. J . Atmos. Sci. 33, 2218-2225.
- Kasahara, A. 1980. Effect of zonal flows on the free oscillations of a barotropic atmosphere. J . Armos. Sci. 37.917-929.
- Kusunoki, S. 1984. The response of a barotropic model atmosphere with realistic topography and a possibility of multiplicity of stationary solution. J. Meteorol. Soc. Japan 62, 583-596.
- Matsuno, T. 1971. A dynamical model of the sudden stratospheric warming. J . A r m s . Sci. 28, 1479-1494.
- Mitchell, H. L. 1982. Resonance of stationary waves in a model atmosphere. Ph.D. thesis, McGill University, 220 pp. [Available as Rep. 125, Dept. of Meteor., McGill University].
- Mitchell, H. L. and Derome, J. 1983. Blocking-like solutions of the potential vorticity equation: Their stability at equilibrium and growth at resonance. J. Amos. Sci. 40, 2522-2536.
- Mitchell, H. L. and Derome, J. 1985. Resonance of topographically forced waves in a quasi-geostrophic model. J . A r m s . Sci. 42, 1653-1666.
- Palmer, T. N. 1981. Diagnostic study of a wavenumber2 stratospheric sudden warming in a transformed Eulerian-mean formalism. J. A r m s . Sci. 38, 844-855.
- Palmer, T. N. 1982. Properties of Eliassen-Palm flux for the planetary scale motion. J . Arms. Sci. 39,992- 997.
- Salby, M. L. 1981. Rossby normal modes in nonuniform background configurations. Part I : Simple fields. J. A r m s . Sci. 38, 1803-1826.
- Sutera, A. 1986. Probability density distribution of large-scale atmospheric flow. In: Ammalour a t m s - pheric flows and blocking. Advances in Geophysics. Academic Press, eds. B. Saltzman, R. Benzi and A. Wiin-Nielsen, vol. 29, 227-249.
- Tung, K. K. and Lindzen, R. S. 1979. A theory of stationary long waves. Part I: A simple theory of blocking. Mon. Wea. Rev. 107, 714-734.
No related research data.
No similar publications.