Publisher: Barnboken - Journal of Children's Literature Research
Journal: Barnboken - Journal of Children's Literature Research
’’The child as an optics towards the world. Ann Jäderlund’s poems for children in relation to her poems for adults.’’ In the discussion of the renowned Swedish poet Ann Jäderlund (b. 1955), her two illustrated books of poetry for children have been widely neglected. In this essay, it is argued that these two books, Ivan’s book (Ivans bok, 1987) and Iris’s book (Iris bok, 2002), have a bearing on her poems for adults, and that they should be closely examined by anyone who seeks to understand the poetic practice of Ann Jäderlund. Here, the poetry collection Calendar red. Living of ice (Kalender röd. Levande av is, 2000) is tentatively read in relation to Iris’s book, which was published two years after the former. The essay draws special attention to the literary debut of Ann Jäderlund, Streamer City (Vimpelstaden, 1985), which is a minimalistic and language-reflective poetry collection for adults, published two years before the author’s first children’s book. In Streamer City the subject imitates the perception of a small child, striving to renew or liquify the given concepts, and to create a voice of her own. This perspective is central in Ivan’s book and Iris’s book as well, but from a child’s actual point of view, where the objects are not yet caught in concepts. Here, we analyse poems from the four mentioned poetry collections, focusing on how the subjects describe the world in relation to the normative connection between objects and concepts. We reveal how the poet uses the same images and a similar linguistic theme in these works, especially in Streamer City and Ivan’s book, which creates an interesting bridge between the two poetry collections. We advocate an open perspective concerning target groups, and note how the child’s perspective can be regarded as an optics, through wich we may bring our formation of concepts to light.Keywords: Ann Jäderlund, poetry for children, concept formation, language and perception, child perspective in poetry, language as optics(Published: 15 May 2012)Citation: Barnboken tidskrift för barnlitteraturforskning/Journal of Children’s Literature Research, Vol. 35, 2012 http://dx.doi.org/10.3402/clr.v35i0.18547
The results below are discovered through our pilot algorithms. Let us know how we are doing!
- Elisabeth Møller Jensen m.fl. Digital version 2012. http://nordicwomensliterature.
- Beckman, A˚ sa. Jag sja¨ lv ett hus av ljus. 10 kvinnliga poeter. Stockholm: Bonnier, 2002.
- Stockholm: FIB:s lyrikklubb, 1997.
- Cavalcante Schuback, Marcia Sa´. Lovtal till intet. Essa¨ er om filosofisk hermeneutik. Go¨ teborg: Gla¨ nta, 2006.
- Hallman, Annika. ''Lyrikikonen Ja¨ derlund'', Ordfront, 2007:7 8, s. 71 73.
- Ho¨ gstro¨ m, Jenny. ''Genom att skriva dikter, upplever jag att man utvidgar va¨rlden'', HD, 2012-01-29.
- Ho¨ rnstr o¨m, Marianne. Flyktlinjer. Aningar kring spra˚ket och kvinnan. Stehag: Symposion, 1994.
- Ja¨derlund, Ann. Vimpelstaden. Stockholm: Albert Bonniers fo¨ rlag, 1985.
- Ja¨derlund, Ann. Ivans bok. Stockholm: Bonniers Junior fo¨ rlag, 1987.
- Ja¨derlund, Ann. Kalender ro¨ d. Levande av is. Stockholm: Albert Bonniers fo¨ rlag, 2000.
- Ja¨derlund, Ann. Iris bok. Stockholm: Alfabeta, 2002.
- Ja¨derlund, Ann. Blomman och ma¨ nniskobenet. Stockholm: Albert Bonniers fo¨ rlag, 2003.
- Lund: Ellerstr o¨ms, 2000.
- Merleau-Ponty, Maurice. Phe´nome´nologie de la Perception. Paris: Gallimard, 1985.
- Merleau-Ponty, Maurice. Lovtal till filosofin. Essa¨ er i urval, o¨ vers. Anna Petronella Fredlund. Stockholm/Stehag: Brutus O¨stlings Bokfo¨ rlag, 2004.
- Perloff, Marjorie. The Futurist Moment. Avant-Garde, Avant Guerre, and the Language of Rupture. Chicago/London: The University of Chicago Press, 1986.
- Risberg Stameus, Angelica. ''Barnpoesi att ra¨kna med'', SvD 2003-03-31.
- Schio¨ ler, Niklas. Begra¨ nsningens mo¨ jligheter. Svensk kortdikt fra˚n Heidenstam till Ja¨ derlund. Stockholm: Carlssons, 2008.
- William-Olsson, Magnus. ''Na˚gonting I OEI 2007:33-34-35, s. 431 439.
- Witt-Brattstro¨ m, Ebba. Ur ko¨ nets mo¨ rker. Litteraturanalyser. Stockholm: Norstedt, 1993.
No related research data.
No similar publications.