LOGIN TO YOUR ACCOUNT

Username
Password
Remember Me
Or use your Academic/Social account:

CREATE AN ACCOUNT

Or use your Academic/Social account:

Congratulations!

You have just completed your registration at OpenAire.

Before you can login to the site, you will need to activate your account. An e-mail will be sent to you with the proper instructions.

Important!

Please note that this site is currently undergoing Beta testing.
Any new content you create is not guaranteed to be present to the final version of the site upon release.

Thank you for your patience,
OpenAire Dev Team.

Close This Message

CREATE AN ACCOUNT

Name:
Username:
Password:
Verify Password:
E-mail:
Verify E-mail:
*All Fields Are Required.
Please Verify You Are Human:
fbtwitterlinkedinvimeoflicker grey 14rssslideshare1
Sherr, Avrom (2006)
Languages: English
Types: Article
Subjects: LAW
Basing itself on important data from the study of public defenders and private practice criminal defenders, this paper considers the work of criminal defence lawyers in England and Wales and Scotland. The work of criminal lawyers was assessed under a new methodology of “peer review” by dividing up the different stages of criminal defence work. A process of specific criminal defence criteria was produced and agreed with the profession and assessment results normalised in order to assure consistency of assessors. In some 7% of cases lawyers’ work was actually prejudicial, whether in the other 93% of cases it was actually useful is a more complex question. It is necessary to read the paper before coming to a decision. Paper delivered by Professor Avrom Sherr, Director, Institute of Advanced Legal Studies at the ILAG conference, Killarney, June 2005.

Share - Bookmark

Download from

Cite this article