The results below are discovered through our pilot algorithms. Let us know how we are doing!
- Adelugba, Dapo (1981), 'Trance and Theatre: the Nigerian Example', in Yemi Ogunbiyi, ed., Drama and Theatre in Nigeria: a Critical Source Book (Lagos: Nigeria Magazine), p. 203-18.
- Besmer, Fremont E. (1983), Horses, Musicians, and Gods: the Hausa Cult of Possession-Trance (Massachusetts: Bergin and Garvey).
- Bucher, Hubert (1980), Spirits and Power (Oxford: Oxford University Press).
- Horn, Andrew (1981), 'Ritual, Drama and the Theatrical: the Case of Bori Spirit Mediumship', in Yemi Ogunbiyi, ed., Drama and Theatre in Nigeria: a Critical Source Book (Lagos: Nigeria Magazine), p. 181-202.
- King, Anthony V. (1966), 'A Booori Liturgy from Katsina: Introduction and Kirdarii Texts', in African Language Studies, VII, p. 105-125.
- McAlpine, Alison (1985), The Cult of Bori among the Hausa: a Kinetic Event. Unpublished MA Thesis, University of Leeds.
- Okagbue, Osita (1993), 'Invisible Presences: Masks and Spirits in Igbo Society', in Assaph, No. 9, Section C, p. 9-18.
- --- (1997), 'When the Dead Return: Play and Seriousness in African Masked Performances', SATJ, XI, Nos. 1-2, p. 89-107.
- Schechner, Richard (1985), Between Theatre and Anthropology (Philadelphia: University of Pennsylvania Press).
- --- (2002), Performance Studies: an Introduction (New York; London: Routledge).
- Smith, Mary F., trans. (1981), Baba of Karo: a Woman of the Muslim Hausa (New Haven; London: Yale University Press).
- Tremearne, A. J. N. (1981), The Ban of Bori: Demons and Demon Dancing in West and North Africa (London: Heath, Cranton and Ousley).
- Turner, Edith (1992), Experiencing Ritual: a New Interpretation of African Healing (Philadelphia: University of Pennsylvania Press).
- Turner, Victor (1968), Drums of Affliction: a Study of Religious Processes Among the Ndembu of Zambia (Oxford: Clarendon Press).
- Wall, L. Lewis (1988), Hausa Medicine: Illness and WellBeing in a West African Culture (Durham, NC; London: Duke University Press).
- Winnicott, D. (1971), Playing and Reality (London: Tavistock).
No related research data.
No similar publications.