Publisher: eScholarship, University of California
Subjects: scattering [p p], Subatomic Physics, reduced [phase space], ATLAS, Particle Physics - Experiment, multiplicity [charged particle], QC, 530, Settore ING-INF/07 - Misure Elettriche e Elettroniche, ATLAS detector; LHC; Charged-particle, Physics, High Energy Physics - Experiment, rapidity [charged particle], CERN LHC Coll, Monte Carlo [numerical calculations], nuclear and high energy physics, experimental results, Subatomär fysik, Physik, LHC, kinematics, 13000 GeV-cms, transverse momentum [charged particle], 510 Mathematics, Science & Technology, Física, colliding beams [p p], QC1-999, 530 Physics
Classified by OpenAIRE into
, High Energy Physics::Experiment
Artículo escrito por un elevado número de autores, solo se referencian el que aparece en primer lugar, el nombre del grupo de colaboración, si le hubiere, y los autores pertenecientes a la UAM
Charged-particle distributions are measured in proton-proton collisions at a centre-of-mass energy of 13 TeV, using a data sample of nearly 9 million events, corresponding to an integrated luminosity of 170 μb-1, recorded by the ATLAS detector during a special Large Hadron Collider fill. The charged-particle multiplicity, its dependence on transverse momentum and pseudorapidity and the dependence of the mean transverse momentum on the charged-particle multiplicity are presented. The measurements are performed with charged particles with transverse momentum greater than 500 MeV and absolute pseudorapidity less than 2.5, in events with at least one charged particle satisfying these kinematic requirements. Additional measurements in a reduced phase space with absolute pseudorapidity less than 0.8 are also presented, in order to compare with other experiments. The results are corrected for detector effects, presented as particle-level distributions and are compared to the predictions of various Monte Carlo event generators
We acknowledge the support of ANPCyT, Argentina; YerPhI, Armenia; ARC, Australia; BMWFW and FWF, Austria; ANAS, Azerbaijan; SSTC, Belarus; CNPq and FAPESP, Brazil; NSERC, NRC and CFI, Canada; CERN; CONICYT, Chile; CAS, MOST and NSFC, China; COLCIENCIAS, Colombia; MSMT CR, MPO CR and VSC CR, Czech Republic; DNRF, DNSRC and Lundbeck Foundation, Denmark; IN2P3-CNRS, CEA-DSM/IRFU, France; GNSF, Georgia; BMBF, HGF, and MPG, Germany; GSRT, Greece; RGC, Hong Kong SAR, China; ISF, I-CORE and Benoziyo Center, Israel; INFN, Italy; MEXT and JSPS, Japan; CNRST, Morocco; FOM and NWO, Netherlands; RCN, Norway; MNiSW and NCN, Poland; FCT, Portugal; MNE/IFA, Roma-nia; MES of Russia and NRC KI, Russian Federation; JINR; MESTD, Serbia; MSSR, Slovakia; ARRS and MIZŠ, Slovenia; DST/NRF, South Africa; MINECO, Spain; SRC and Wallenberg Foundation, Sweden; SERI, SNSF and Cantons of Bern and Geneva, Switzerland; MOST, Taiwan; TAEK, Turkey; STFC, United Kingdom; DOE and NSF, United States of America. In addition, individual groups and members have received support from BCKDF, the Canada Council, Canarie, CRC, Compute Canada, FQRNT, and the Ontario Innovation Trust, Canada; EPLANET, ERC, FP7, Horizon 2020 and Marie Skłodowska-Curie Actions, European Union; Investissements d’Avenir Labex and Idex, ANR, Region Auvergne and Fondation Partager le Savoir, France; DFG and AvH Foundation, Germany; Herakleitos, Thales and Aristeia programmes cofinanced by EU-ESF and the Greek NSRF; BSF, GIF and Minerva, Israel; BRF, Norway; the Royal Society and Leverhulme Trust, United Kingdom. The crucial computing support from all WLCG partners is ac-knowledged gratefully, in particular from CERN and the ATLAS Tier-1 facilities at TRIUMF (Canada), NDGF (Denmark, Norway, Swe-den), CC-IN2P3 (France), KIT/GridKA (Germany), INFN-CNAF (Italy), NL-T1 (Netherlands), PIC (Spain), ASGC (Taiwan), RAL (UK) and BNL (USA) and in the Tier-2 facilities worldwide
The results below are discovered through our pilot algorithms. Let us know how we are doing!
-  ATLAS Collaboration, Charged-particle multiplicities in pp interactions measured with the ATLAS detector at the LHC, New J. Phys. 13 (2011) 053033, arXiv:1012.5104 [hep-ex].
-  CMS Collaboration, Charged particle multiplicities in pp interactions at √s = 0.9, 2.36, and 7 TeV, J. High Energy Phys. 1101 (2011) 079, arXiv:1011.5531 [hep-ex].
-  CMS Collaboration, Transverse momentum and pseudorapidity distributions of charged hadrons in pp collisions at √s = 7 TeV, Phys. Rev. Lett. 105 (2010) 022002, arXiv:1005.3299 [hep-ex].
-  CMS Collaboration, Transverse momentum and pseudorapidity distributions of charged hadrons in pp collisions at √s = 0.9 and 2.36 TeV, J. High Energy Phys. 1002 (2010) 041, arXiv:1002.0621 [hep-ex].
-  ALICE Collaboration, K. Aamodt, et al., Charged-particle multiplicity measured in proton-proton collisions at √s = 7 TeV with ALICE at LHC, Eur. Phys. J. C 68 (2010) 345-354, arXiv:1004.3514 [hep-ex].
-  CDF Collaboration, T. Aaltonen, et al., Measurement of particle production and inclusive differential cross sections in p p¯ collisions at √s = 1.96 TeV, Phys. Rev. D 79 (2009) 112005, arXiv:0904.1098 [hep-ex].
-  CMS Collaboration, Pseudorapidity distribution of charged hadrons in protonproton collisions at √s = 13 TeV, Phys. Lett. B 751 (2015) 143, arXiv: 1507.05915 [hep-ex].
-  ATLAS Collaboration, The ATLAS experiment at the CERN Large Hadron Collider, J. Instrum. 3 (2008) S08003.
-  CMS Collaboration, The CMS experiment at the CERN LHC, J. Instrum. 3 (2008) S08004.
-  ALICE Collaboration, K. Aamodt, et al., The ALICE experiment at the CERN LHC, J. Instrum. 3 (2008) S08002.
-  ATLAS Collaboration, ATLAS insertable B-layer technical design report, CERNLHCC-2010-013. ATLAS-TDR-19, http://cdsweb.cern.ch/record/1291633, 2010, CERN-LHCC-2012-009. ATLAS-TDR-19-ADD-1; ATLAS Collaboration, ATLAS insertable B-layer technical design report addendum, CERN-LHCC-2012-009. ATLAS-TDR-19-ADD-1, addendum to CERN-LHCC2010-013, ATLAS-TDR-019, http://cdsweb.cern.ch/record/1451888, 2012.
-  T. Sjöstrand, S. Mrenna, P.Z. Skands, A brief introduction to PYTHIA 8.1, Comput. Phys. Commun. 178 (2008) 852, arXiv:0710.3820 [hep-ph].
-  S. Porteboeuf, T. Pierog, K. Werner, Producing hard processes regarding the complete event: the EPOS event generator, arXiv:1006.2967 [hep-ph], 2010.
-  S. Ostapchenko, Monte Carlo treatment of hadronic interactions in enhanced Pomeron scheme: QGSJET-II model, Phys. Rev. D 83 (2011) 014018, arXiv: 1010.1869 [hep-ph].
-  R. Corke, T. Sjöstrand, Interleaved parton showers and tuning prospects, J. High Energy Phys. 1103 (2011) 032, arXiv:1011.1759.
-  H.J. Drescher, M. Hladik, S. Ostapchenko, T. Pierog, K. Werner, Parton-based Gribov-Regge theory, Phys. Rep. 350 (2001) 93, arXiv:hep-ph/0007198.
-  V.N. Gribov, A reggeon diagram technique, JETP 26 (1968) 414.
-  ATLAS Collaboration, Further ATLAS tunes of Pythia 6 and Pythia 8, ATL-PHYSPUB-2011-014, http://cds.cern.ch/record/1400677, 2011.
-  P. Skands, S. Carrazza, J. Rojo, Tuning PYTHIA 8.1: the Monash 2013 Tune, Eur. Phys. J. C 74 (2014) 3024, arXiv:1404.5630 [hep-ph].
-  T. Pierog, I. Karpenko, J. Katzy, E. Yatsenko, K. Werner, EPOS LHC: test of collective hadronization with LHC data, arXiv:1306.0121 [hep-ph], 2013.
-  A.D. Martin, W.J. Stirling, R.S. Thorne, G. Watt, Parton distributions for the LHC, Eur. Phys. J. C 63 (2009) 189, arXiv:0901.0002 [hep-ph].
-  NNPDF Collaboration, R.D. Ball, et al., Parton distributions with LHC data, Nucl. Phys. B 867 (2013) 244, arXiv:1207.1303 [hep-ph].
-  ATLAS Collaboration, The ATLAS simulation infrastructure, Eur. Phys. J. C 70 (2010) 823, arXiv:1005.4568 [physics.ins-det].
-  GEANT4 Collaboration, S. Agostinelli, et al., GEANT4 - A simulation toolkit, Nucl. Instrum. Methods Phys. Res., Sect. A, Accel. Spectrom. Detect. Assoc. Equip. 506 (2003) 250.
-  G. Piacquadio, K. Prokofiev, A. Wildauer, Primary vertex reconstruction in the ATLAS experiment at LHC, J. Phys. Conf. Ser. 119 (2008) 032033.
-  T. Cornelissen, et al., Concepts, design and implementation of the ATLAS New Tracking (NEWT), ATL-SOFT-PUB-2007-007, http://cdsweb.cern.ch/record/ 1020106, 2007.
-  T. Cornelissen, et al., The new ATLAS track reconstruction (NEWT), J. Phys. Conf. Ser. 119 (2008) 032014.
-  ATLAS Collaboration, Track reconstruction performance of the ATLAS inner detector at √s = 13 TeV, ATL-PHYS-PUB-2015-018, http://cds.cern.ch/record/ 2037683, 2015.
-  ATLAS Collaboration, A study of the material in the ATLAS inner detector using secondary hadronic interactions, J. Instrum. 7 (2012) P01013, arXiv:1110.6191 [hep-ex].
-  G. D'Agostini, A multidimensional unfolding method based on Bayes' theorem, Nucl. Instrum. Methods Phys. Res., Sect. A, Accel. Spectrom. Detect. Assoc. Equip. 362 (1995) 487-498.
-  T. Sjöstrand, Colour reconnection and its effects on precise measurements at the LHC, arXiv:1310.8073 [hep-ph], 2013.
Discovered through pilot similarity algorithms. Send us your feedback.
|Title || Year || Similarity |