Services to Support FAIR Data: from theory to implementation
WHEN: April 12th, 2019, 09-12 CET.
WHERE: Vienna House Diplomat Prague
WHAT: The interactive workshop "Services to Support FAIR Data: from theory to implementation" is part of the larger event EOSC-hub week.
- (Deconstructing) Infrastructure elements for successful implementation of services supporting FAIR outputs (not limited to data)
- Distinguish main barriers for services to support FAIR output
- What’s in it for service providers? Discuss the initiatives working on FAIR and how they can support service providers)
- Formulate the role of FAIR in the EOSC. Priorities for implementation of services to support FAIR data (FAIRsFAIR, RDA, EOSC-hub and OpenAIRE)
Main target audience
- Service providers
- Research infrastructures & e-infrastructures representatives
09:00-10:30 Part I, Chair: René van Horik, DANS & EOSC-hub project
09:00-09:10 Intro/welcome/objectives of workshop. Background of the organisers (EOSC-hub / OpenAIRE / FAIRsFAIR / RDA Europe)
09:10-09:25 RTD FAIR implementation plan, Konstantinos Repanas, European Commission
09:25-09:40 EOSC working group on FAIR, Sarah Jones, DCC
09:40 - 10:30 Implementation stories
Panel focusing on implementation stories
- Repositories for long-term preservation - certification
- Software for data management and exploitation, EGI foundation
- Semantic & PID services - understandability and findability of data
11:00-12:30 Part II, Chair: Natalia Manola, ATHENA RC & OpenAIRE
Unconference on challenges in being FAIR and implementation priorities to enable FAIR data / services.
To attend this event, the one-day registration to the EOSC-hub week is required. More information on registration at https://www.eosc-hub.eu/events/eosc-hub-week-2019
Last day of registration: Monday March 11th, 2019.
- Last updated on .