More Open Science and new research possibilities.
Contribution to Open Science
Sikt was established in 2022. It is the result of a merger between NSD (Norwegian Centre for Research Data), Uninett AS and Unit – the Norwegian Directorate for ICT and Joint Services in Higher Education and Research.
Goals and objectives
- Increase the share of open publications
- Improve access to research data
- Strengthen research collaborations on a national and international level
Sikt develops and provides a wide array of different services for the education and research sector. Covering everything from network and infrastructure, to policy and information. Some examples of Open Science related services are:
- National and international coordination of Open Science, Open Access and Open Data.
- Administration and negotiation of journal license agreements for HEI’s and public research institutions.
- Responsible for the national CRIS and the national publication repository, as well as data publication services.
- A wide range of data and analytics services.