- This post-grant Open Access Pilot provides an additional instrument to make FP7 project research results Open Access. It does not affect authors' freedom to choose which way their project publications should be made Open Access.
- This policy will be subject to an early 2016 review. This will be based on the data gathered to ensure that the guidelines continue to support the project objectives.
- The post-grant Open Access Pilot will cover OA Article Processing Charges (APCs) for FP7 projects up to two years after they end.
- A maximum of three publications per FP7 project will be funded.
- Funded publications must be peer-reviewed and be made available under a CC-BY licence where possible.
- Publications should be deposited into an OpenAIRE-compliant repository
- OA monographs will be eligible for the pilot
- Previously published FP7 publications will not be eligible
- European Research Council and Marie Curie projects are eligible