Where: The Hague, National Library of the Netherlands (Koninklijke Bibliotheek (KB) (next to Den Haag Centraal train station)
Please register here.
Aims of the workshop:
- Comprehensive overview of all statistical data resulting from the project
- Overview of best practices in relation to publisher, funder and institutional involvement in APC based funding mechanisms.
- Overview of the alternative funding mechanism pilot and its results.
- Presentation of the report: "Towards a competitive and sustainable open access publishing market in Europe"
- Gather input from participants for the roadmap that will accompany the report
9.30 - 10 : Welcome and overview of the day
10 - 10.30: APC funding mechanism: pilot results
10.30-11.15: Best practices from the Alternative Funding Mechanism workline
11.15 - 11.40: Break
11.40 - 12.30: Publisher pre-payment agreements and institutional block grants: best practices
12.30 - 13.30: Lunch
13.30 - 14.15: Presentation of the report
14.15-14.30: Break out sessions about the roadmap : introduction
14.30- 16.00: Break out sessions
16.00 - 17.00: Break out session conclusions + wrap-up