What is the EC Open Research Data Pilot?
The Open Research Data Pilot of the European Commission enables open access and reuse of research data generated by Horizon 2020 projects. There are two main pillars to the Pilot: developing a Data Management Plan (DMP) and providing open access to research data, if possible.
The conditions you have to adhere to, are:
- Develop (and keep up-to-date) a Data Management Plan (DMP).
- Deposit your data in a research data repository.
- Ensure third parties can freely access, mine, exploit, reproduce and disseminate your data.
- Provide related information and identify (or provide) the tools needed to use the raw data to validate your research.
The Pilot applies to:
- The data (and metadata) needed to validate results in scientific publications.
- Other curated and/or raw data (and metadata) that you specify in the DMP.
Data management costs are eligible for reimbursement during the duration of the project, and can be claimed under the conditions defined in the grant agreement.
You can find more detailed informations in the EC's Guidelines on FAIR Data Management in Horizon 2020.
- Hits: 23319